Friday, June 20, 2008

Encouraged

Tonight, we had a mentor gathering at our house. It's the first time we (Sara and I / the mentoring program) have ever done something like this. I BBQ'd, we all just hung out and got to know each other more, and spent a good chunk of time praying together for each other, for our mentees, and for the Austin community. Ever since we bought this house, I've dreamt about it being a place where we could build a sense of community with other folks, praying together, and encouraging each other. Tonight I got to see that happen for the first time, and I'm encouraged by it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something right up your alley. Prayer is such a powerful tool and such an honor that God gives each of His children. More miracles have occured as a direct result of prayer; more than we'll realize this side of Heaven. You and Sara won't know until eternity what an impact you have had on your community in Austin, but I believe it will be huge. Love you both. Mom

Erica said...

That is really special, and I hope you can all get together again soon. It's encouraging to hear about people gathering to pray together. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Erica